I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Jessica, @WifeSHMLife who blogs at www.wifesahmlife.com .
I’m an introvert and I normally get extremely tongue tied when it comes to speaking about myself. But thank you very much Jessica. I love the vibrancy in your blog and your blog posts always bring a smile. I’ve loved reading your post ‘To Blog or Not To Blog’.
The SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD RULES:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- What is your favorite start to the day?
I normally try to get up half an hour before the kids wake up on weekdays. That half hour is my time spent with just myself, my thoughts and my coffee! With three kids on three different school runs and schedules the days tend to get busy. But this half hour is just me talking to myself and reaffirming my own thoughts.
- What is your favorite spot to “just be” in your home?
It is sitting in the alcove we have by the windows. We’ve put some cushions and lanterns there. Depending on the weather it is beautiful to just watch the greenery and the world go by!
- If you had no budget and could afford anything you wanted, what would you purchase first?
I’d buy the Mercedes GLS. I drive a Mercedes at present which we’ve just paid off and I don’t want another EMI but if finances were no constraint I’d definitely go for it!
- Who is the one person you are most comfortable being yourself with?
I have to say that the person I’m most comfortable with being myself has to be my husband. We’ve been together for 13 years and in this time span our relationship has grown and evolved manifold. At the cost of perhaps sounding very lame, I’d have to say he’s my best friend and confidant. I could discuss anything and everything with him without ever being judged. Though did I say, he’s my worst critic. And I constantly tell him that he’s in the wrong profession. He should have been a motivational speaker!
- What “thing” do you feel a bit compulsively, obsessed about or have noticed you do on a regular basis that has you scratching your head at when you began that behavior?
For me, this is getting everything organised the day before. Not sure when this habit inculcated but it didn’t exist in my life before the kids. Now I find we run helter-skelter if we aren’t organised the day before.
- Are you generally on schedule or running behind?
With my own professional work, I’ve always been on schedule. With the kids is a whole different ball game. For starters I don’t think its written in the stars for us to ever be on time during the school run. Someone will always come up with something to sign five minutes after the time we should have already been on the road. And if everything is signed, a missing PE Kit or Lunch box or Water bottle crisis will definitely raise its head!
- Do you have a bucket list and if so, what have you accomplished so far?
As a family we love to travel, and we have a bucket list of places we’d like to visit. We’d also love our kids to see the world and get a feel of the different cultures across the globe. Of the never-ending list we’ve covered about twenty-five up until now!
- Who brings the brightest ray of sunshine into your life?
My family brings the brightest ray of sunshine into my life. No matter the type of day I’ve had the smile on their faces makes everything else seem unimportant and life’s problems seem to fade away.
- Do you prefer windows with open shutters or limited windows/closed blinds in your home?
I prefer windows with open shutters and as many windows as possible. I love letting the natural air and light into the house. One of the main criteria why we chose our house was the fact that it has so many windows. Specially in the UK, when the sun is scant in appearance in the winter months the windows offer lots of light in what would otherwise have been very dark and dreary.
- What is your favorite fast food item?
My favorite fast food item is Pizza. If I didn’t have to teach my kids healthy eating we’d be buying pizza every other day!
- If you could give a powerful message to generations to come (in less than 6 sentences) what would it be?
I’d tell the generation to come:
Learn to listen. In the shrill cacophony of all of us wanting to speak and not listen sometimes some of the smaller voices remain unheard. Try to be understanding of others and try to share love and positivity. Don’t look at the grass on the other side and whine over what you’ve not got, make the most of what you have and aim for the higher. Become more tolerant since a world as diverse as ours is in serious need of tolerance, compassion, kindness and love.
I’d like to nominate:
- Mum with a messy bun mumwithamessybundotcom.wordpress.com
- Yule Times yuletimes.com
- Yvonne Hudduma Blog hudduma.com
- Stephanie onecaringmom.com
- Polenta Bianca http://maqupi.blogspot.com/
- Chaos & Quiet chaosandquiet.com
- Jessie One Lost Coin onelostcoin.com
- Lee Cowan – Bella Inspired Grace bellainspiredgrace.com
- Insecure Housewife insecurehousewife.com
- Maud mypassionprojects.com
- Nancy Mulligan myeverydaychallenges.com
- What made you want to blog? Was there any particular reason influencing your choice?
- Did you have a niche in mind when you started your blog?
- What are your guiding principles in life?
- What motivates you?
- What or who can always make you smile?
- Who is the one person you can always count upon?
- What advice would you give to bloggers who are just starting out?
- We’ve all seen the exterior of blogging. And we know how much of hard work lies behind. How do you stay organised?
- If you could use one adjective to describe yourself, what would that be?
- What do you think our world needs the most at this juncture of time?
- Where do you see yourself as a blogger in the future?
I look forward to reading your answers!
And thanks a lot for nominating me Jessica!